If you love to start the morning with a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast keep up the healthy habit. I love topping my oatmeal bowl with some berries and bananas. Oatmeal provides complex carbohydrates to help you feel fuller, fuel your body, brain and houses a host of other important nutrients as well. Not all oatmeal is created equal, however, so some label reading is in order to ensure the most nutritious breakfast possible.
- 1 Sachet of Flahavan’s Quick Oatmeal
- 1 and a half cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp of Dark Sugar
- 15 Blueberries
- 10 Strawberries
- Cut the edge of the sachet bag and pour the oatmeal inside a bowl, add the almond milk and microwave carefully for 2-4 mins depending on the instructions.
- Bring out the oatmeal from the microwave, add the dark sugar and stir very well
- Add your desired toppings, e.g peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, walnuts e.t.c.
BLUEBERRIES TOPPING ON OATMEAL BOWL
STRAWBERRIES MAKES OATMEAL COLOURFUL
ADDING A BANANA TO OATMEAL
BENEFITS OF OATMEAL
- Oatmeal lowers cholesterol
- Oatmeal can reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure
- Oatmeal is full of antioxidants
- Oatmeal prevents the arteries from hardening
- oatmeal can prevent the development of breast cancer
- Oatmeal stabilizes blood sugar
- Oatmeal will also prevent the development of diabetes
- Oatmeal gives the immune system a boost
- Eating oatmeal can prevent weight gain
- Those who can’t eat gluten can eat oatmeal